BUILD WITH THE BEST
Founded in 1996 as a corporate team building firm and ropes challenge course construction company, EBL was hired in 2002 to install the first zipline tour in the United States in Maui, Hawaii. EBL has been in the forefront of this emergent market ever since. Founder, Steve Gustafson has often been coined as, “The inventor of the modern day zipline,” having overseen and built the first six (6) tours in the United States, some 50 projects overall.
EBL was the first to...
Other notable facts about EBL!
- Original installer of Zipline Tours in the USA (ground to ground)
- Creators of the “Zero Elevation Tour©”
- Own and partner our own canopy tours and zipline courses
- Profitable canopy tours and zipline course designs and business models
- Installation of ground based and tree top based canopy tours
- Engineering allows EBL to construct upwards of 3,000 foot spans
- Provides rigorous inspection schedules and course specific training
- No hand braking required canopy tours (helps prevent injury)
- Direct point of purchase: EBL does not resell other companies designs
- Ongoing destructive testing of our own equipment for quality control
- Work with ISO 9001 registered companies for safety equipment
- Safety equipment exceeds NFPA commercial ratings
- Multi – Engineer Approved & “Wet Stamped” designs / calculations
- Over 28 years of industry experience
- Exceptionally clean business record
INSTALLATION TYPES & OPERATIONS
Since 2002, EBL has created some of the most dramatic, breath-taking zipline canopy tours in the US, created the current common practices for installation and operational practices, professionally engineered tours (designs, platforms, and termination methods), conducted destructive testing of our practices, and assisted the Professional Ropes Course Association with the acceptance of standards for construction, installation, and training. No other company has the expertise, knowledge, installation experience, or infrastructure to assist you better than EBL when it comes to your zipline canopy tour project.
A zipline canopy tour at your venue can be a great way to attract more adventurists and add revenue. An EBL Licensed Tour agreement means we design and build the tour, train your staff, do the routine maintenance inspections for an annual fee, but the tour is yours to promote and run on a daily basis.
An EBL Fully-Operated Tour means we take care of everything from construction to staffing to maintenance and simply pay you to operate on your property. It is the least amount of work for you, but you still benefit from attracting new visitors to your venue while generating income from the property.
What makes EBL different from other vendors?
EBL has specialized in programming over the years and intends to continue delivering quality tours and programs. This experience in conjunction with our building expertise platforms us to understand both sides of the business experience. Further, we own and operate our own tour locations. EBL promotes a down scaled approach to tour construction projects, starting with the end in mind and working backwards to ensure budgeting for training, gear replacement, inspection, and then construction. This more managed view allows for better integration into other existing programs and less of a strain on the annual budget. This allows us to provide our clients with straight talk and avoid a “hard sale”. Actually, we have talked organizations out of building tours because we did not want our name associated with a large scale construction regret. EBL is driven on quality, not volume.
What types of training do you provide that would assist us in our course operation?
All EBL locations receive an in depth training specifically designed for that tour location and course demands. All guides pass not only a classroom component but also a practical skills test and a mentorship period.
How do I join the EBL family?
With locations all across the United States, EBL is, without a doubt, the premier installer and industry leader of canopy zipline tours and operations. We are excited you have taken time to learn more about us. If you believe that EBL can provide expertise and value on your ultimate outdoor experience, please contact us to get started!